COURAGE —- also called FORTITUDE, is the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty or intimidation. There’s PHYSICAL COURAGE —– in face of physical pain and hardship ——– and MORAL COURAGE —— in the face of shame, scandal and discouragement.
Here are a few quotes to ponder on :
(1) PERFECT COURAGE, is to do ———without witnesses ——- what one would be capable of doing with the world looking on.
(2) It requires greater COURAGE to preserve INNER FREEDOM, to move on in one’s inward journey into new realms, than to stand defiantly for OUTER FREEDOM.
(3) COURAGE is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the SPINES OF OTHERS ARE OFTEN STIFFENED.
(4) COURAGE is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of a readiness to die.
(5) COURAGE is the most important of all virtues, because without COURAGE, you can’t practise any other virtue consistently.
(6) COURAGE is very important. Like a muscle, it is strengthened by use.
(7) COURAGE is the magic, that turns dreams into reality.
(8) The French Courage proceeds from VANITY; the German from PHLEGM; the Turkish from FANATICISM & OPIUM; the Spanish from PRIDE; the English from COOLNESS; the Dutch from OBSTINACY; the Russian from INSENSIBILITY, but the Italian from ANGER.