We are our harshest critics, and our faulty self-image stops us from growing and feeling loved. Throughout our lives, we keep searching for people to LOVE & APPRECIATE US. Often, we believe things that are not entirely true. These could be about others or about ourselves.
Here are a few things we should NEVER believe about ourselves.
(1) I AM A VICTIM : Look around you, you will find many people who always behave like VICTIMS. Maybe, we, ourselves, behave like VICTIMS too, without our realising it. VICTIMS always believe that they are he ones who are suffering. They believe they always pay the price for others’ actions. They question themselves —–WHY ME ? ——–Believing in being a victim, means never knowing where we are wrong; it means never taking control of our lives
(2) I CAN NEVER BE WRONG : This belief could be stemming from being a victim or from a completely different ANGLE OF SUPERIORITY. So, we think we have never been wrong and will never be wrong. We blame others ——that’s our first reaction. If we hold the belief of never being wrong, we stop learning and, ironically, THAT IN ITSELF IS WRONG.
(3) I CAN’T EVER CHANGE : We need to change, but there is a DEEP RESISTANCE TO CHANGE. Change is difficult and needs constant effort. The lack of REQUIRED PERSISTANCE, makes us believe WE CAN NEVER CHANGE, even though we want to. But CHANGE IS THE ONLY CONSTANT, and all of us are capable of change. It is never too early or late to change.
(4) I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH : The worst belief to hold , about ourselves, is that we are NOT ADEQUATE, not GOOD ENOUGH for things or other people in our lives; WE DON’T DESERVE THE BEST. When we undermine ourselves, THE WORLD DOES TOO. We must give OURSELVES CREDIT for ALL THAT WE ARE and the benefit of doubt for the things that we CAN CHANGE.
(5) I WILL LOSE MY FRIENDS IF I TRULY BE MYSELF : Our self-doubt, at times, rules so much of our thoughts and behaviour, that all we do is TRY TO PLEASE OTHERS. We start believing that if we truly be who we are, WE WOULD LOSE OUR FRIENDS. Ask yourself : what worth are the people, around us, if THEY DON’T ACCEPT US FOR WHO WE ARE ? CAN WE, TRULY BE AS ‘bad’ AS WE BELIEVE WE ARE ?
Drop all these beliefs, and see how YOUR LIFE CHANGES —————FOR THE BETTER.