September the 13th is celebrated as POSITIVE THINKING DAY. Being HAPPY & OPTIMISTIC can prolong your life, help you manage stress and lower your risk of death from cardiovascular disease and even protect you from the common cold, according to the Mayo Clinic.
Here are a few ways to THINK YOURSELF WELL : —-
(1) BE AWARE OF YOUR AUTOMATIC REACTIONS : ——–Take a look at this word —— OPPORTUNITY NOWHERE. What do you see ? —— OPPORTUNITY NOW HERE or OPPORTUNITY NOWHERE ?
(2) CATCH AND RE-FRAME YOUR THOUGHTS :—– Doctor Joffrey Suprina, National Dean for Argosy University’s College of Behavioural Sciences says, “It takes about 90days to change a habit, and that celebrating baby steps and small wins is a great way to reinforce your new behaviour. Positive thinkers don’t only see the positive. They realise that the negative exists, but that we can choose WHERE TO FOCUS.
(3) DON’T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOUR MIND TELLS YOU.
(4) LET GO OF FEAR : —- A basic meditation practice, that’s as short as 10mins, a day, can make a difference.
(5) FIND YOUR MOOD CHANGERS : —- It can be as simple as having a photo of a loved one, happy experience or beautiful place —— on your phone, so that when you see it you’ll experience a more positive emotion.
Start each day by LISTING THREE THINGS you are grateful for and end the day by sharing or thinking about your favourite moment from that day. Even just taking a few minutes to breathe deeply and saying, “I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT I’M HERE NOW,” helps to improve your positivity. YOU REALLY HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.
—- Sara Cheshire.