COMMUNICATION comes from the Latin “communicare”, meaning “to share”. It is the activity of conveying information through the exchange of ideas, feelings, intentions, attitudes, expectations, perceptions or commands, as by speech, non-verbal gestures or writing. It is the meaningful exchange of information between 2 or more participants. —Communications require a SENDER, a MESSAGE, a MEDIUM and a RECIPIENT. Communication can occur across vast distances in time and space. The communication process is complete once the receiver understands the sender’s message. FEEDBACK is a critical component of effective communication.
COMMUNICATION QUOTES : —-
(1) First learn the meaning of what you say and then speak.—- Epictetus.
(2) To communicate through silence, is a link between the thoughts of man. —- Marcel Marceau.
(3) Good words are worth much and cost little. —- George Herbert.
(4) Genius is the ability to put into effect what is on your mind. —-F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(5) Speak clearly, if you speak at all; Cave every word before you let it fall. —- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
(6) Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively verbalizing. —-William S. Burroughs.
(7) Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. —- William Wordsworth.
(8) Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know. —- Jim Rohn.
(9) Every day I try to be in communication with the Universe in an unconscious way. —- Paulo Coelho.
(10) Man is a creature who lives not upon bread alone, but primarily by catchwords. —- R. L. Stevenson.
(11) Words are but the signs of ideas. —- Samuel Johnson.
(12) Whatever words we utter, should be chosen with care, for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill. —Buddha.