Hi, I am attempting to start a new regular series called This & That. Would basically be a mixed bag of fun, humour and some packets of information as well. Pretty random, but a commonality in that it would be an easy read and well, appear regularly. Do post in your comments and suggestions on this!
(1) TABLETTE CAFE
1st Tablette café in the world, a café that works with tablets. Tablets cost more than PCs, but they save on POWER BILLS (25 times less electricity) as they use batteries and mobile data connection which make them not vulnerable to power cuts. (Dakar, Senegal, Africa) Here customers hand over an ID and pay, in advance, for a set connection time, before they are given a Tablet. 300CFA francs (60 euro cents) per hour.
(2) Making it SLANG DUNK :Homance = friendship between girlsMake a boo, boo = make a mistakeTotes Adorbes = totally adorableSwag = swaggerChika = girlConvo = conversationRAD = radicalDerp = person who displays stupidity.
My ankles teeter
My calves have bogged
Methinks that I
About my skill at martial arts
I have no self-delusion
Each twist and turn will only throw
My joints into kung-fusion.
(4) A salesman got three orders in a day : Get out – Stay out and Don’t come back
(5) Have you heard about the man who was arrested for running through a wheat field ? He was charged with GOING AGAINST THE GRAIN.
(6) Shelley-Shallying :They say a single oysterLays a million eggs or twoCan you probably imagineWhat a married one might do ?
(7) Don’t approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back and a fool from any side (Yiddish Proverb)
(8) Definition of a weed : A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
(9) Lord, where we are wrong, make us willing to change; where we are right, make us easy to live with. (Peter Marshall)
(10) Why did the ancient Peruvians worship the Sun God ? Because they didn’t want to INCA (incur) His wrath.