(1) Hatred and Love are both BLIND EMOTIONS.
(2) Bright people do not usually cast reflections.
(3) He who smiles and retains a cold judgement —- when he most hates, is most likely to vanquish his opponent.
(4) You should treat a cigar like a mistress, put it away before you are sick of it. —- Disraeli.
(5) Love is a gift, not a possession —– You give it, you don’t take.
(6) LOVE IN MARRIAGE
A sacrifice of freedom, and a selfless way of living
Sharing whatsoever comes, each other’s burdens bearing
Compassionate in sickness, with a patient, tender caring
In health, the gay adventure of enjoying things together
Growing closer with the years, come bright or stormy weather
Honouring the Sacrament of Marriage ——- failing never
To fulfil the promise, made the day you said ; Forever
The day you took the step and said the word that bound you two
And vowed to be forever faithful and forever true. –Patience Strong.
(7) A broken reputation can always be repaired, but people will always keep their eyes where the crack was — VOA, 1979
(8) A hypocrite is one who pats your back —– in front of your face, and slaps you in the face —- behind your back.
(9) ZODIAC VERSION :
Monday’s child —- loyal and affectionate;
Tuesday’s child —- optimistic and independent;
Wednesday’s child —- vivacious and entertaining;
Thursday’s child —- frank and artistic;
Friday’s child —- loves all that is beautiful;
Saturday’s child —- alert and industrious;
Sunday’s child —- warm, generous and luxury-loving
(10) Papa loved Mama
Mama loved men
Mama’s in the graveyard
Papa’s in the pen.
(11) I wish I could drink like a lady2 or 3, at the mostBut 2, I’m under the tableAnd 3, I’m under the host.
(12) Today, in restaurants, the food is poison, the waiters fresh.
(14) Of course she attracts men. It runs in the family —- her father is a STEEL MAGNATE.
(15) Have you heard about the cannibal who came home late for dinner ? His wife gave him a COLD SHOULDER,
(16) “Life is a grind”, said the EMERY WHEEL “It’s a perfect bore”, said the DRILL “It means nothing but hard knocks for me,” said the NAIL, to which the SAW added, “You don’t have to go through as much as I have.” “Let’s strike,” the HAMMER. “Cut it out,” warned the CHISEL. “Here comes the Boss,” and AWL were silent.