DO NOT BE IN A HURRY, TO MAKE A CHANGE. Until the cloud clearly moves, you must tarry. Trust HIS TIME, HIS WAY, HIS WILL..
Blast from the past…
Once a teacher and his young assistant arrived at a village where the people were angry and quarrelsome.
At their request, he gave them his blessings, and asked them to remain together in the village forever.
In the next village they met joyful people who were cooperating with one another and caring for each other. the teacher blessed them too, but asked them to leave the village, and spread out across the country. The puzzled assistant asked the teacher why he had given such different advice. The teacher said, “Those angry, argumentative people will only spread their unhappiness wherever they go. So I asked them to stay where they were. But it is better for the caring people to spread out, taking their happiness with them.. Then others will also learn to be joyful”.
Here is another story :—–One day a man from a nearby village called at the monastery…
View original post 363 more words
(3) Nobody grows merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm —— WRINKLES THE SOUL. —— Samuel Ullman.
(7) When you are in difficulties, hitch your wagon to a star, and keep your eyes fixed on that goal. When obstacles come your way, RIDE OVER THEM; don’t yield by going round about.
(10) God gave us tears to wash our pain away. How trivial are the inconveniences and slights of life, compared to the burdens that some people carry.
(14) Look for the best in the other fellow —– YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING GOOD.
Blast from the past…
Always choose the breed, by its DISPOSITION, TEMPERAMENT, SIZE, AND ENERGY-LEVEL —–all of which should suit your family’s lifestyle.
(1) GOLDEN RETRIEVER :—–Not as big in size as the Labrador, it is a confident, smart, kind and loyal dog. Neither aggressive nor timid, it is extremely patient —–perfect for kids. It does need lot of exercise, its LOVE OF PLAY makes this an easy task to achieve.
(2) LABRADOR RETRIEVER : —–One of the most popular dog-breeds in the U.S.A. It is playful, patient, protective, loving and reliable. In fact, its sweet personality and intelligence is only matched by its beauty a perfect family pet.
(3) THE POODLE : —–It is often given curious haircuts by its owners. The poodle is a smart and gentle dog. It is also great for kids with allergies, as it sheds very little. But it requires scheduled grooming. or its hair will get out…
View original post 410 more words
O break my heart; but break it as a field
Is by the plough up-broken for the corn
O break it as the buds, a green leaf sealed
Are, to unloose the golden blossom, torn
Love would I offer unto Love’s great Master
Set free the odour, break the alabaster.
O break my heart; break it victorious God
That life’s eternal well may flash abroad
O let it break as when the captive trees
Breaking cold bonds, regain their liberties
And as thought’s sacred grove to life is springing
Be joys, like birds, their hope, Thy victory singing.
— Thomas Toke Bunch.
God uses most for His glory those people and things which are most perfectly broken. The sacrifices He accepts are broken and contrite hearts. It was the breaking down of Jacob’s natural strength at Peniel, that got him where God would clothe him with spiritual power. It was breaking the surface of the rock at Horeb, by the stroke of Moses’ rod, that let out the cool waters to the thirsty people.
It was when the 300 elect soldiers, under Gideon, broke their pitchers, a type of breaking themselves, that the hidden lights shone forth to the consternation of their adversaries. It was when the poor widow broke the seal of the little pot of oil, and poured it forth, that God multiplied it to pay her debts and supply means of support.
It was when Esther risked her life and broke through the rigid etiquette of a heathen court, that she obtained favour to rescue her people from death. It was when Jesus took the five loaves and broke them, that the bread was multiplied, in the very act of breaking, sufficient to fed five thousand. It was when Mary broke her beautiful alabaster box, rendering it henceforth useless, that the pent-up perfume filled the house.
It is when a beautiful grain of corn is broken up in the earth, that its inner heart sprouts forth and bears hundreds of other grains. And thus, on and on, through all history, and all biography, and all vegetation , and all spiritual life, GOD MUST HAVE BROKEN THINGS.
Those who are broken in wealth, and broken in self-will, and broken in their ambitions, and broken in their beautiful ideals, and broken in worldly reputation, and broken in their affections, and broken oft-times in health; those who are despised and seem utterly forlorn and helpless, God is using for His glory. “The lame take the prey,” Isaiah tells us.
Apart from its traditional use, paper is now manipulated by contemporary artists to produce artworks which are displayed in galleries and at international events. A French artist has created 1,600 little papier-mâché pandas to raise awareness on their dwindling population.