Dale Breckenridge Carnegie (24/11/1888 — 1/11/1955) was an American writer and lecturer and the developer of famous courses in self-improvement, salesman, corporate training, public speaking and inter personal skills.
Born in poverty, on a farm in Missouri, he was the author of HOW TO WIN FRIENDS & INFLUENCE PEOPLE (1936) , a massive best-seller, that remains popular even today. He also wrote HOW TO STOP WORRYING & START LIVING (1948).
Here are some Dale Carnegie’s Quotes:
(1) The ideas I stand for are not mine, I borrowed them from Socrates. I swiped them from Chesterfield. I stole them from Jesus, them in a book.
(2) The essence of all art, is to take pleasure in giving pleasure.
(3) People rarely succeed, unless they have fun in what they are doing.
(4) Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.
(5) Are you bored with life ? Then, throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.
(6) Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. GO OUT AND GET BUSY.