(1) What is Memory ? Not a storehouse, not a trunk in the attic, but an instrument that constantly refines the past into a narrative, accessible and acceptable to oneself.
(2) A JOKE and a TRUTH are not virtually exclusive. The best jokes are true and the best truths are jokes.
(3) Nurse : Doctor, there are a lot of twins being born these days. Have you noticed this ? Doctor : Seeing how bad things are nowadays, they are probably afraid to come alone.
(4) Sign on the rear of a car : LET’S NOT MEET BY ACCIDENT.
(5) Said the Robin to the Sparrow : “I should really like to know, why these anxious human beings, rush about and worry so?” Said the Sparrow to the Robin : “Friend, I think that it must be, that they have no Heavenly Father, such as cares for you and me.”
(6) I don’t like a man to be too efficient. He’s likely to be not human enough —- F. Frankfurter.
(7) Life is not a ‘brief candle’. It is a splendid torch, that I want to make burn as brightly as possible, before handing it on to future generations. ——– Bernard Shaw.
(8) Shakespeare, Leonardo da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin and Abraham Lincoln, never saw a movie, heard a radio or watched TV. They had loneliness and knew what to do with it. They were not afraid of being lonely, because they knew that was when the creative mood in them would work.
(9) The middle years of marriage are the most crucial. In the early years, spouses want each other and in old age, they need each other.
(10) Movies For :
(a) Dentists —– JAWS;
(b) Thieves —– WAIT UNTIL DARK;
(c) Oceanographers —– THE DEEP;
(d) Teenagers —– MODERN TIMES
(11) What was the first clock on the moon called ? LUNA-TICK
(12) Ashes to ashes, dust to dust
This is what happens , when you misplace your trust.
(13) A sign on the wall of a psychiatrist’s office : No one in his right mind comes to see me.