(1) A great deal of talent is lost in the world, for want of little effort. Every day sends to the grave ——— obscure men, whom timidity prevented from making a first attempt, who, if they could have been induced to begin, would , in all probability, have gone great lengths in the career of fame.
(2) Whatever be your status or station in life, you can be of service to God and your fellow men. When you feel you are too small or insignificant, remember : SHAMGAR had an OXGOAD; RAHAB had a STRING; SAMSON had a JAWBONE; DAVID had a SLING; MOSES had a ROD; DORCAS had a NEEDLE ——– AND ALL WERE USED FOR GOD.
(3) Psychiatrists say that a child develops into either a criminal or an adjusted member of society from the very beginning ——— not suddenly in later life. They stress the enormous importance of the 1st experiences at the mother’s breast, pointing out that the child takes in not only milk, but also WARMTH & LOVE & SECURITY. It is said that if a child is frustrated, too often, at the mother’s breast, he may well develop into a frustrated adult.
(4)” Four things come not back,” says a Persian Proverb : “the spoken word, the sped arrow, the past life and the neglected opportunity.”
(5) In a philosophical dispute, he gains most who is defeated, since he learns most. (6) The anagram for DEBIT CARD is BAD CREDIT.
(7) Let your life be all SUNSHINE at HOME & BRIGHTNESS ABROAD, an EYE to the BLIND, a HAND to the WEAK, a FOOT to the LAME and a HEART OVERFLOWING WITH SYMPATHY.
(8) A Philosopher, once said, “You are not one person, but three :
(a) the one you think you are,
(b) the one other people think you are and
(c) THE PERSON YOU REALLY ARE.”
(9) Ask anyone who has survived a cardiac event, and they’ll tell you that ‘every hour of every day is a BONUS. You prize people. You understand that they can be as fragile and fearful as you have been. You don’t quarrel any more, you discuss. You don’t grasp at things, because, after all, the CREATOR DIDN’T CLOSE HIS HAND ON YOU, BUT LET YOU SIT QUIETLY, LIKE A BUTTERFLY, ON HIS PALM.
(10) Chinese Proverb : He who asks questions, is a FOOL FOR 5mins; he who does not ask questions, REMAINS A FOOL FOREVER.
(11) What do you have if you don’t have less on ? MORON.
(12) Alice Roosevelt Longworth : I have a simple philosophy : Fill what’s empty, empty what’s full, scratch where it itches.