(1) The absentee master is the unawakened soul, the house is the body left in charge of the mind, dominated by various senses, which are personified by the unruly servants masquerading as masters. Till the soul remains un-awakened, the body and mind fall under the sway of different sense perceptions, like lust, anger, greed, pride, envy, etc,. When the soul awakens, the master returns. This puts the mind and body firmly under control, despite the rebellious senses —- the ‘servants’ return to their original status. The mind and body are freed from tyranny.
(2) Where there’s a will, there’s a way ; Where there’s a loophole, there’s me. —— WALK IN.
(3) A man might die alone by accident or an act of God, but if he died unloved, then he died poor indeed.
(4) So many Gods, so many creedsSo many paths that wind and windWhile just the act of being kindIs all the sad world needs.
(5) That best portion of a good man’s life —– his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
(6) Every man who will not have softening of the heart, must, at last, have softening of the brain.
(7) The Commerce of the world is conditioned by the strong and, usually, it operates against the weak.
(8) Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner, that if you die they will weep over you ; alive — they crave for your company.
(9) To see things as they are, the eyes must be open ; to see things other than as they are, they must open even wider ; to see things as better than they are, they must be open to the full.
(10) When you put down the good things you ought to have done, but didn’t, and leave out the bad things you did do, that’s MEMOIRS.