(1) Unattachment is the release of need or expectation associate with a specific outcome. For most people, this is one of the most difficult lessons to learn. We become attached to the way we envision something working out and struggle to make circumstances bend to our desires.
(2) Prosperity is like wine which goes to the head and makes man forget his Creator ; adversity, on the contrary, sobers him and reminds him of God and his Glory.
(3) When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough.
(4) Grief drives men into habit of serious reflection, sharpens the understanding and softens the heart.
(5) It’s a puzzle :
(a) What do butterflies get in their stomach when they are nervous.?
(b) Is a wedding unsuccessful if it comes off without a hitch ?
(c) Why are narrow-minded people so thick-headed ?
(6) We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements in life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
(7) Sign inside the gate of a Church : This is a CH_________CH. What is missing ? U R.
(8) These bloopers came from actual medical transcriptionists records :(a) The patient was bitten by a bat as he walked down the street on his thumb.(b) The patient is a 65 year old woman who fell, and this fall was complicated by a truck rolling over her.
(9) Time never stops; it is fleeting. The “NOW” alone is the only auspicious occasion to initiate our plans. Delays are always dangerous, useless, barren. Today is the only day to attempt any great and worthy purpose. Opportunity comes to all of us; the diligent catch hold of it; the foolish let it pass.
(10) Modern man thinks he loses something ——– TIME. When he does not do things quickly; yet he does not know what to do with the time he gains —- EXCEPT KILL IT.