AMLA (Indian Gooseberry is a translucent fruit with many therapeutic benefits. It has a unique balance of sour, sweet, pungent and bitter. It is rich in Vitamin C and also loaded with a range of polyphenols (antioxidants that prevent damage to free radicals in the body and fight different types of cancers and cardiovascular diseases). It is believed that AMLA can help balance all the 3 doshas (vata/pitta/kapha) in the body and treat the underlying cause of many health problems.
This DESI SUPERFRUIT : (1) Boosts Hair Growth —– It is rich in iron and has antioxidants which reduce hair loss, by not allowing free radicals to damage hair follicles. It also enhances hair growth and prevents premature greying. Eating fresh AMLA or applying its paste, to the roots of your hair, improves both growth and colour. (2) Improves Eye Sight : —– Eating AMLA improves eye-health and reduces intra-ocular tension (the pressure you feel in the eye). High levels of carotene, present in AMLA, is known to improve vision-related conditions. (3) Improves Digestion : —– It is high in fibre and helps in regularizing bowel movement. It reduces constipation and stimulates the secretion of gastric juices. It also improves digestion and allows for more nutrient absorption. (4) Manages Diabetes : —– It is rich in chromium, which is therapeutic for diabetic patients. It stimulates insulin production, which helps in reducing blood-glucose levels. Chromium also enhances the effect of beta-blocker and, thereby, helps in reducing LDL cholesterol, which is the bad cholesterol. (5) Detoxifies The Liver & Is Diuretic : —–It increases the frequency and volume of urination. It has a high water content which helps in eliminating toxins in the body. (6) It Improves Appetite (7) It Reduces Infections & Enhances Immunity : —– It has anti-bacterial and astringent attributes, which means it helps in increasing a person’s immunity and protects the body from various infections.
Include AMLA in your diet : (a) Eat it fresh (b) It can be taken in the form of AMLA juice. (c) Make an AMLA chutney. (d) AMLA murabba is another good option. (e) Powdered AMLA can also be taken every day.
(1) Mouth Ulcers : Gargle twice a day with 2-3 teaspoons of AMLA juice, mixed with ordinary water. This will relieve you from the pain of awful mouth ulcers.
(2) Cold & Cough : Take 2 teaspoons of the juice, mix it with 2 teaspoons of honey. Have this every day as it improves cough and treats colds.
(3) Dandruff : Wash your hair with a decoction of AMLA to eliminate dryness of the scalp. It also helps to curb extreme hair fall and early greying.
(4) If constipated, take 1 teaspoon of AMLA powder with lukewarm water, at night, to relieve constipation.
(5) Acidity : Eat 1 teaspoon of dry AMLA powder, along with honey, soon after your meal.
——- Gargi Sharma.