(1) People wait : (a) all week for Friday, (b) all year for Summer and (c) all life for Happiness.
(2) For me there are only 2 genres of books : GLEAM or GLAZE. Does the reader’s eyes GLEAM or GLAZE while reading my book ? —— Samit Basu.
(3) Search the net for MURREE BREWERY. Murree was Punjab’s only hill station, now in Pakistan. In pre-Partition days, the liquor, now made is Solan, used to be made in Murree.
(4) CONCISION in STYLE ; PRECISION in THOUGHT ; DECISION in LIFE. ——Victor Hugo.
(5) I like the 10 Commandments, but have a problem with the 9th one. It should be : Thou shalt not covet they neighbour’s ox, except in Scrabble.
(6) Never stop doing little things for others. Sometimes, they ‘occupy’ the ‘biggest part’ of their hearts.
(7) Happiness is when : what you think, what you say and what you do ——– ARE IN HARMONY.
(8) If you are a dog and your owner suggests you wear a ‘sweater’, suggest that he wear a ‘tail’. —– Fran Lebowitz.
(9) What do these words have in common ? —— facetiousness ——– FUN ; masculine —- MALE; evacuate —– VACATE; chocolate —– COCOA. ( They all contain their ‘synonyms’.)
(10) “I am lonely, yet not everybody will do. I don’t know why some people ‘fill the gaps’ and others ’empathize with my loneliness’. In reality, those who satisfy me are those who simply allow me to live my idea of them. —- Anais Nin.
(11) Loss of a loved one is the same for all skins colours, financial problems can strike in any currency, natural disasters don’t consult maps, illness doesn’t look up names and a cry means the same in every language.
(12)It’s been said that the average person goes to a silent grave with a lifetime of wonderful melodies —– still not played.
(13) How one adds up : I am only ONE, but I am ONE. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do, and what I ought to do —– BY THE GRACE OF GOD, I WILL DO.
(15) Wallace is a rabbit, so well-trained, that he even brings his owner a “bottle of beer in a cart”. In the 52-second YouTube footage, which has been viewed more than 500,000 times, the black & white bunny, from Brooklyn, USA, serves his owner with a refreshing selection of drinks from his own specially-made beer cart. Wallace, who has his own YouTube channel called Wallace.TheMadKing, can be seen in a number of other clips showing off his beer-cart training, among other things.
(16) An elderly lady died last month. Having never married, she requested : NO MALE PALLBEARERS. In her hand-written instructions, for her memorial service, she wrote : “They wouldn’t take me out while I was alive. I don’t want them to take me out when I’m dead.”
(17) I’m TEARY-EYED, but never CRY ; SILVER-TONGUED, but never LIE ; DOUBLE-WINGED, but never FLY —— What am I ? MERCURY : The element is ‘wet’ ‘silver’ and ‘shines. The God Mercury has 2 wings, but only uses them to run.
(19) An “epigram” often flashes light into regions where reason shines but dimly.
(20) Always forgive your enemies —– NOTHING ANNOYS THEM SO MUCH.
(21) I say unto you, joy and sorrow are inseparable. Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed. —Gibran.
(22) A ‘critic’ is one who knows the way, but can’t drive the car.
(23) Memory is a man’s real possession ……… in nothing else is he rich, in nothing else is he poor.
(24) The guy who was convicted of a marijuana charge, had his case sent to a “joint committee”.
(25) Pandas maintain a balanced diet. They are fussy eaters, but a study shows that there is a “method to their madness”.