(1) The happiest person is not the one who gets the best of everything, but one who makes the best of everything.
(2) He had occasional flashes of silence that made his conversation perfectly delightful.
(3) We always like those who admire us, we do not always like those whom we admire.
(4) It is said that it is not the strong wind that brings down the tree, but the tree’s rigidity and ego of standing tall that makes it fall.
(5) The great pulsation of nature beats too in my breast, and when I carol aloud, I am answered by a 1000-fold echo. I hear a 1000 nightingales …….. Earth trembles with ecstasy, her flowers are hymns, which she sings in inspiration to the sun ……
(6) When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say,” I USED EVERYTHING THAT YOU GAVE ME “.(Erma Bombeck)
(7) The “good physician” treats the disease ; the “great physician” treats the patient who has the disease.
(8) The only person you need to be better than is THE PERSON YOU WERE YESTERDAY.
(9) Police arrested two boys : One was drinking “battery acid” and the other was eating “fireworks”. They CHARGED one and LET THE OTHER ONE OFF.
(10) BOOKS are the quietest and most constant of friends, they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors and the most patient of teachers.
(11) BRAINSTORMING : a group discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed and who was responsible.
(12) Take Muesli and add sugar, honey, butter or oil to the equation and bake it in an oven ——— the result is CRUESLI.
(13) Why do students sometimes write “etc” in exams ? Because it means : E —– end of ; T —– thinking ; C —– Capacity.
(14) The one you love and the one who loves you is NEVER EVER THE SAME PERSON.
(15) God loved the birds and invented trees; Man loved the birds and invented cages.
(16) PAWSCARS winner —- crystal, A 1ft -7in Capucin monkey, who has starred in over 25 movies over 2 decades, has received a “lifetime diva achievement award” as part of the Annual American Humane Association Paw-scars, the animal version of the Oscars.
(17) Ants build ‘toilets’ in corners of their nests. They do not go outside to do their business when nature calls and may use the corners of their nests as ‘toilets’. For ants, who like us live in very dense communities, sanitation is a big problem. Little research has been done on ANT SANITARY BEHAVIOUR, so, lead researcher Tomer Czaczkes of the University of Regensburg, Germany, conducted an experiment whether “distinct brown patches” they observed forming in ants’ nests were faeces. They discovered that ants did not just put their toilets anywhere ——— almost all the ants placed their toilets in the corners. Ants normally keep a “clean nest” and usually throw out dangerous rubbish like food remains and corpses (of ants). The study appeared in the journal PLOSONE.
(18) Are you sore after a long walk or run ? Roll your foot over a tennis ball to massage and stretch the PLANTAR FASCIA.
(19) How did Modi devotees respond to any criticism of his Japan visit ? THEY NIPPONED IT IN THE BUD
(20) The British Pound Cake got its name from the original recipe, which called for a POUND EACH of butter, eggs, sugar and flour..