(1) Daniel Day-Lewis, an Englishman, who has won 3 Best Actor Oscars, said, ” I come from, not just a household, but a country, where the finesse of language, well-balanced sentence, structure syntax —– these things are driven into us, and my parents, bless them, are great custodians of the English language.”
(2) Did you know, that in space you cannot cry, because there is no gravity to MAKE THE TEARS FLOW.
(4) What do you do when a chair breaks ? Call a CHAIRMAN.
(6) A GOOD writer can TELL A STORY. An EXCELLENT writer can TELL IT WELL. A GREAT writer can LISTEN.
(8) When someone allows you to BEAR HIS BURDENS, you have found DEEP FRIENDSHIP.
(10) It is a sad thing when men have neither the wit to speak well, nor the judgement to hold their tongues.
(12) You will not be punished For your ANGER. You will be punished BY your ANGER.
(14) The lustre of a virtuous character cannot be defaced, nor can the vices of a vicious man ever become lucid. A jewel preserves its lustre, though trodden in the mud, but a brass pot, though placed upon the head —— IS BRASS STILL.(15) I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way, we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value.
(17) Faith is knowing one of two things will happen : There will be something to stand on, or YOU WILL BE TAUGHT TO FLY.
(19) When we love someone too much, they become our sense of home. What was within us is now with them, and so when they withdraw, they take with them the place we belong, the place we seek for comfort, leaving us lost, lonely and wondering.
(21) Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance.