(1) We hurt without moving
And poison without touching
We bear truth and lies
But are not judged by size. ——- What are we ?
(2) Do you know : ORANGE CARROTS apparently did not come about till the 17th century, when, as the story goes, Dutch horticulturists developed the strain to honour William of Orange. Before that carrots, indigenous to Afghanistan, were purple in colour, also red and yellow. The orange carrot apparently (and quite naturally) became a trendy, pretty food and sweeter too.
(3) In Greece HALWA is called 1:2:3:4, because of the proportion of the ingredients to be added to the porridge-like confection. (fat:semolina:sugar:water)
(4) How does a mouse get out of a room ? It “clicks” an “icon” & “opens” a “window”.
(5) Bureaucracy defends the “status quo” long past the time when the “quo” has lost its “status”.
(6) Did you hear about the suicidal homeopath ? He took 1/50th of the recommended dose.
(7) Hale Makua, Hawaiian Elder and Teacher used to say, ” We must RE-MEMBER. We must connect, bring together, bring to life. Again and again and again.
(8) Arrogance leads to ignorance, because it colours our perception.
(9) Be silent on services you have rendered, but speak of favours you have received.
(10) A relationship needs not just love, but also respect, happiness, freedom, friendship an equality between the partners.
(11) Thinkers think and doers do. But until the thinkers do and doers think, progress will be just another word in the already overburdened vocabulary of the talkers who talk.
(12) What did the fish say when he ran into a wall ? DAM.
(13) The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.—– Picasso.
(14) Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life, the evening beam that smiles the clouds away and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray. —– Lord Byron.
(15) Hold your friends close and your enemies on limited profile.
(16) If you are well-disposed towards those whose views are similar to yours, you may be said to exhibit “good character”. But, is you behave well with those holding divergent views from you, then you have an “excellent character”. —– Maulan Wahiduddin Khan.
(17) What do you get when you cross a weeping willow with an UFO ? A CRYING SAUCER.
(18) At a dinner party one should “eat wisely”, but not “too well”, and “talk well” but not “too wisely”. ————Somerset Maugham.
(19) Any issue in India is complete only after : A twitter trend. An Arnav rant. A Sakshi Maharaja quote. A Chetan Bhagat solution.
(20) Did you know : All four sons of biologist Angus M. Woodbury earned PhDs in biology and both his daughters married biologists ?
(21) By three methods we may learn wisdom : By “reflection” which is the “noblest”. By “imitation” which is the “easiest”. By “experience” which is the “bitterest”. —— Confucius.
(22) Why can’t you tell a joke while standing on ice ? Because it might crack up.
(23) If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees. —– Khalil Gibran.
(24) The word UNFRIEND apparently appeared in print way back in 1659, when English was still not affected by the language spoken by today’s internet generation.
(25) The only way to avoid criticism is to say nothing, do nothing and be nothing. ——– Aristotle.
(26) What do you call Santa’s mistakes ? SANTA FLAWS.
(27) In the book “The Columbus Affair” by Steve Berry, Simon Zachariah has the “look” of a “scholar”, the “soul” of a “scoundrel” and the “zeal” of a “fanatic”.
(28) Swallow your pride occasionally. IT IS NON-FATTENING.
(29) Hermann Ebbinghaus, a German psychologist, who pioneered the study of memory, said, ” Mental events are not passive happenings, but the acts of a subject”.
(30) Trust Him when darkest thoughts assail theeTrust Him when thy faith is smallTrust Him when to simply trust HimIs the hardest thing of all.Rosalind Russell.