It is important to keep your body hydrated in order to stay healthy in summer. Besides drinking coconut water, buttermilk and loads of water, you must have fruits. Nutritionists suggest five fruits to have this summer to cope with the heat and stay cool.
(1) MELONS : This water-rich fruit comes as a relief during the scorching summer. Water melons are 90% water. If you are suffering from a heat burn, water melon will have a soothing effect on your stomach. Muskmelon also has plenty of Vitamin C and it boosts immunity.
(2) ICE APPLE : This fruit has a fantastic cooling effect on the body. During summer we tend to get heat rashes and stomach burns. Regular intake of ice apples will help overcome common health-related issues that arise Give children this fruit often, as they spend a lot of time outdoors during the summer vacations. It will help them cope with the heat. Ice apples are also high on vital minerals and Vitamin B12.
(3) PEARS : This juicy fruit quenches thirst and has several digestion benefits as it is rich in fibre. It also helps prevent constipation. Pears are rich in vitamins and minerals.
(4) GUAVA : This sodium-free fruit prevents common summer health problems like cough, cold, diarrhoea and dysentery. The fruit is also an antioxidant and helps prevent cell damage.
(5) SWEET LIME : Choose sweet lime instead of carbonated drinks when you feel thirsty. The vitamin C content in sweet lime will keep you away from cold and flu and its potassium content relieves one from diarrhoea , which is common this season.