All time favourite. Everyone likes them. They are packed with SUGAR, Vitamin B, IRON, POTASSIUM yet LOW IN SALT, TRYPTOPHAN ( a type of protein) and, above all, FIBRE.
BANANAS contain 3 natural sugars —sucrose, fructose and glucose, combined with fibre. They give an instant , sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research shows that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. It can also help overcome or prevent a number of illnesses, making them a MUST to add to the daily diet. –
(1) DEPRESSION: ——People, suffering from depression, have felt much better after eating a banana. This is because it contains TRYPTOPHAN, a type of protein that the body converts into SEROTONIN, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.
(2) PMS : ——-Forget pills —EAT A BANANA. Vitamin B, found in bananas, regulates blood glucose, which can affect your mood.
(3) ANAEMIA : —–Bananas are high in iron, and so can stimulate the production of haemoglobin in the blood and so help in cases of anaemia.
(4) BLOOD PRESSURE : ——-Bananas are high in potassium, yet low in salt. Thus the fruit reduces the risk of blood pressure and strokes.
(5) BRAIN POWER : —–200 students, at a Twickenham school, England, were helped through their exams by eating bananas at breakfast, break and lunch, in a bid to boost their brain power. This potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.
(6) CONSTIPATION : —– High in fibre, including bananas in the diet can help restore normal bowel action, without resorting to laxatives.
(7) HANGOVER : ——-Make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and rehydrates the system.
(8) MORNING SICKNESS : —– Snacking on bananas, between meals, helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.
(9) NERVES : —– Bananas are high in Vitamin B that help calm the nervous system.
(10) ULCERS : —The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders, because of its soft texture and smoothness. It also neutralises over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.
(11) TEMPERATURE CONTROL : —-It is a ‘COOLING FRUIT’, that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers.
(12) MOSQUITO BITES : —Rub the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. It reduces swelling and irritation.
A banana is, therefore, a natural remedy for many ills. In comparison to an APPLE, it has 4 times the PROTEIN, 2 times the CARBOHYDRATES, 3 times the PHOSPHOROUS, 5 times the VITAMIN A & IRON and 2 times the other VITAMINS & MINERALS. It s also rich in POTASSIUM. So, A BANANA A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY. This is today’s mantra.