What can be said to “existence” ? He knows all that you can say in the first place. you can bow down, celebrate. But still your bowing down, celebration, festivity, thankfulness, gratitude —— they are still ways of speaking. You are trying to say something without words, because words are very small and the heart really wants to say something.
Science gives definitions, Religion cannot. You ask, “What is water ?” and it says “H2O” Prayer is subjective. It is not an object that can be analysed. You cannot show your prayer to anybody. When prayer exists, it is not that prayer exists in you ———- on the contrary, YOU EXIST IN PRAYER. You vibrate in that enormous dimension; that plenitude.
Man has lost many capacities, and one of the most important has been the capacity to pray ——- because it is only through prayer that we make a bridge between our tine self and the Infinite and the Absolute.
There is a very meaningful Sufi story : A man was very worried because every night someone would enter his garden and destroy all his plants. He did everything that could be done to protect it. He posted guards along the boundary, bur never was anybody seen entering the garden at night. Yet, every morning, the garden would be trashed. He then went to a Sufi Master, in the hope that the Master would be able to see things he and the guards could not. The Master closed his eyes and said, “Do one thing, fix the alarm on your clock for two o’clock in the night.” “How is this going to help ? My guards are continuously watching and patrolling around the house.” The Master said, “There is no need to argue. Just do what I say. Fix the alarm for two o’clock. Then come the next day and tell me what happened.”
If we look deep within ourselves, we will see that in some way or the other, we are all sleepwalkers. We sow the seeds of our misdeeds in the deep sleep of unconsciousness, and then wonder why our lives are so miserable. When we love another person, we often end up taking things for granted in the name of love.
(2) Life is like a sewer : What you get out of it depends on what you put into it. —-Tom Leher.
(4) In the future there will be banking by “mental telepathy”, which will enable you to give instructions to your bank via “thought waves”.
(6) When sadness comes, just sit by the side and look at it and say, “I am the watcher, I am not sadness,” and see the difference. It will die of starvation. We feed the emotion by being identified with them —— Osho.
(8) The marsh toads interviewed the eagle : “How come you venture so high ? Aren’t you scared you’ll hit the ceiling ——- that blue metal dome they call the sky ?” The eagle knew these earth-bound creatures were ignorant of boundless space, and couldn’t conceive of infinities, not being born to the winds’ embrace. From Bachchoos Fables.
(10) The DART FROG is the most poisonous animal alive. It looks harmless —– even cute —– but, just one of these creatures harbours the poison to kill 10 people. Why did they become so much more lethal than their amphibian brethren ??
(12) Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting. —Princess Elizabeth Asquith Bibesa.
(14) Let no man pray that he know not sorrow. Let no soul ask to be free from pain. For the “gall” of today is the “sweet” of tomorrow and the “moments” of loss is the “lifetime’s” gain.
(16) Hair stylists have become more “limp-wristed” and “awkward”, as if to stand in a weird manner makes them more talented, whereas barbers have remained, well barbers.
(18) Respect your destiny and recognize your limits. You should bear the blows of fate with “equanimity”.
(20) All men dream —— but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night, awake in the day to find that all was vanity.. But the dreamers in the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams and make it possible.
(2) Time Constraint : with EARTH as the POT, with SKY as the COVERING LID, with SUN as the FIRE, with DAY & NIGHT as FAGGOTS and SEASONS & MONTHS as LADLES ————— TIME COOKS ALL BEINGS. —— Yaksha, Mahabharata.
(4) Madness is the only sane way to respond to the world we live in. Living with anyone takes a toll. At some level, the family is a frail institution and at another (level) —— ROCK SOLID. —Jerry Pinto.
(6) A 2-year-old Labrador, ECLIPSE, is a bus-riding, side-walk walking dog. She rides the bus to the park by herself every time she wants to go for a walk. She always manages to get off at the right stop.
(8) What did the boy octopus say to the girl octopus on Valentine Day ? I WANT TO HOLD YOU HAND, HAND, HAND, HAND, HAND, HAND, HAND, HAND.
(11) If the only tool, you have, is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.—— Abraham Maslow.
(13) SMILING can trick the body into helping you change your body. Smiling releases serotonin, endorphin –natural painkillers. These make us feel good.
(15) Squeeze all the juice out of each moment of life, for there is no goal. THE PILGRIMAGE IS ITSELF THE GOAL. —–Osho.
(17) How does Moses make his tea ? HE-BREWS IT.
((19) All your responses must be oral, OK ? So, which school did you go to ? ORAL.