(2) The GREAT TEACHER HALL. A shrine erected in memory of SANGWOL WONGAK, a statue of whom can be found inside.
As part of promotion for the Sydney International Food Festival, an advertising agency executed a flawless design by recreating NATIONAL FLAGS of 18 countries, using only FOODS POPULAR IN THAT COUNTRY…
Here are a few of Nature’s most spectacular shows :-
(1) AWASH IN LIGHT : —-Bio-luminescence in the tide makes walking along the beach on VAADHOO ISLAND in the Maldives especially magical. The light is emitted from tiny PLANKTON in the water.
(2) MILLIONS OF FLAPPING WINGS :—-The Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve in Mexico’s MICHOAOAN State is a winter home to tens of millions of butterflies.
(3) POLAR FLASHES :—-The AURORA BOREALIS lights up the night sky in LOFOTEN, Norway. The spectacular shows occur when charged particles from the solar wind interact with the Earth’s atmosphere at the magnetic poles.
(4) A DELICATE DISPLAY :—-CHERRY BLOSSOMS usher in spring in Jinhae in Changwon City, South Korea. The city’s Cherry Blossom Festival is South Korea’s largest.
(5) THE THAW :—-The cracking of mammoth chunks of ice in Alaska’s GLACIER BAY is a SIGHT-&-SOUND to behold.
(6) NATURAL FIREWORKS :—-Mount Yasur puts on fiery displays on TANNA ISLAND in Vanuatu.
(7) MEETING THE LOCALS :—-Sometimes nature and man-made endeavours overlap as is the case of the GALTAJI TEMPLE complex, near Jaipur, India. One of the temples is known as MONKEY TEMPLE after the area’s resident monkey tribes.
(8) ART OF FLOWERS :—-From March through May, millions of tulips draw visitors to KEUKENHOF GARDENS near Lisse, Netherlands.
(9) THRILL OF THE CHASE :—-At Alaska’s KATMAI NATIONAL PARK, a brown bear grapples with his slippery dinner. The SOCKEYE SALMON run starts here in late June and the bears come out for dinner.
(10) PLUMBING MALFUNCTION :—-Yellowstone National Park’s GEYSERS are a result of subterranean plumbing constrictions and water heated by MAGMA under the Earth’s surface.
(11) RACE FOR SURVIVAL :—-WILDEBEAST (gnu) cross the MASAI MARA RIVER in Kenya. More than a million travel between Tanzania and Kenya, each year, during the GREAT MIGRATION in search of food, water and breeding grounds.
(12) SUMMER ROTATION :—-A meteor streaked past the MILKY WAY GALAXY above the Wyoming countryside during the 2013 PERSEID METEOR SHOWER. The show happens each summer, when Earth rotates through debris from the SWIFT-TUTTLE COMET.
(13) WALL OF WATER:—-VICTORIA FALLS on the Zimbabwe-Zambia border, is the world’s largest SHEET OF FALLING WATER.
(14) FISH TORNADO :—-SIPADAN ISLAND, in Malaysia, is home to a huge school of BARRACUDA, often seen in a swirling VORTEX FORMATION.
(15) TIME TO FLY :—- 100’s of 1000’s of SANDHILL CRANES migrate each year, and many gather in early spring on the PLATTE RIVER in Nebraska.
(1) In 1518, there was a mass PSYCHOGENIC ILLNESS in Strasbourg, Alsace, that caused people to dance till they collapsed.
The earlier heights he has scaled are :
(a) THE YANA, Uttara Karnataka District.
(b) RAMNAGARA ROCKS of “SHOLAY” fame.
(c) BRIGADE APARTMENTS, Mysore.
(d) A building in JYOTHI CIRCLE, next to DVS TOWERS in Mangalore.
(3) On April 17, 1963, a baby was born drunk (London) and 12 hours later had a hangover. this was reported by Doctor Basil Merriman, in a letter to the BRITISH MEDICAL JOURNAL. For 2 months, before the baby was born, its mother, a YUKON, Canadian Indian, had been almost continuously drunk.
(4) Cats have no naturally occurring antibodies against dog’s blood. So, they can receive DOG BLOOD in life-threatening situations. BUT, ONLY ONCE. The 2nd time PROVES FATAL.
(5) DUBAI COPS get world’s most expensive patrol car —-360,000 Pound LAMBORGHINI AVENTADOR. It has a top speed of 217m.p.h. and can go from 0 to 62m.p.h. in 2.9secs.
(6) Singing Nun—–ANI CHOYING DROLMA from Nepal(42yrs. old) has sung a fusion song ZARIYA ( composer–A.R.Rehman) Her 1st album, CHO, was in 1997. She founded the NAGI GOMPA NUNNERY in Nepal’s Shivapuri (a paradise) and joined it when she was 10 years old.
(7) The 1st INVISIBLE TOWER in Seoul———–South Korea —TOWER INFINITY, 450m. high, glass-encased sky-scraper —-using LED lighting and cameras to create a REFLECTIVE SKIN on its exterior, which will make it look as IF IT HAS DISAPPEARED. The world’s 3rd highest OBSERVATION DECK (at 392m) is here.
(8) Author, Mark Twain, was born shortly after a visit by HALEY’S COMET in 1835, and he predicted that he would go out with it, too. He died the day after the Comet’s return in 1910.
(9) CONGO is sub-Sahara Africa’s largest country, and one of its richest ON PAPER, with an embarrassment of DIAMONDS, GOLD, COBALT, COPPER, TIN, TANTALUM —you name it—TRILLIONS WORTH OF NATURAL RESOURCES.——————–——–But, because of never-ending war, it is one of the POOREST & MOST TRAUMATISED NATIONS in the world……………MILITIA-COTROLLED MINES I Eastern Congo have been feeding raw materials into the WORLD’S BIGGEST ELECTRONICS & JEWELLERY COMPANIES, at the same time FEEDING CHAOS.—————–Congo is a PARADOX of GRINDING POVERTY in a land of BOUNDLESS MINERAL WEALTH.
(10) In the early days of TYPESET PRINTING, printers would often use WOODEN DRAWERS to store the alphabets. The drawers would be on two racks. What was stored in the UPPER RACK ?—A B C D…………What was stored in the LOWER RACK ?—a b c d ……..