Always choose the breed, by its DISPOSITION, TEMPERAMENT, SIZE, AND ENERGY-LEVEL —–all of which should suit your family’s lifestyle.
(1) GOLDEN RETRIEVER :—–Not as big in size as the Labrador, it is a confident, smart, kind and loyal dog. Neither aggressive nor timid, it is extremely patient —–perfect for kids. It does need lot of exercise, its LOVE OF PLAY makes this an easy task to achieve.
(2) LABRADOR RETRIEVER : —–One of the most popular dog-breeds in the U.S.A. It is playful, patient, protective, loving and reliable. In fact, its sweet personality and intelligence is only matched by its beauty a perfect family pet.
(3) THE POODLE : —–It is often given curious haircuts by its owners. The poodle is a smart and gentle dog. It is also great for kids with allergies, as it sheds very little. But it requires scheduled grooming. or its hair will get out of control. It is a PROUD & ELEGANT DOG, and is both caring and loyal. Seldom annoyed or bored, its good nature, friendly demeanour makes it an excellent partner for a child.
(4) IRISH SETTER : —–Known or its RED COAT, the Irish Setter is playful, energetic, loves being around people and plays well with children. It needs lots of exercise and is a good match for energetic kids and active families. A smart and trainable companion, it is specially perfect for people with a yard. It will step up to a herding, dancing, flying discs sports, even search-and-rescue. Don’t be surprised, if he herds the kids, other animals and even you to keep a SENSE OF ORDER in the house.
(5) THE VIZSLA : —–Because of its need for regular exercise, it is one of the best dog-breeds for active and energetic families with older kids. It has a lively disposition, but a gentle manner, is loyal and affectionate, also obedient, confident and smart. Best of all, the VIZSLA has very little ‘DOGGY-SMELL’ about it.
(6) THE NEWFOUNDLAND : —–Nicknamed NATURE’S BABY-SITTER, this breed loves children and is very protective over them. Gentle, kind and patient, this breed as almost like the MOTHER TERESA of dogs.
(7) THE COLLIE :—–LASSIE made this dog-breed famous. COLLIES are very gentle and predictable, easily trainable and rarely aggressive. They get great with children and love to please their owners and they protect their family. LASSIE, the world’s most famous dog, is a member of the COLLIE family, she is not a BORDER-COLLIE. There are many types of Collies —–BEARDED, SCOTCH or BORDER-COLLIE.
(8) THE BULL TERRIER : —–Branded as an aggressive breed. It was actually bred as a companion dog —friendly and loving towards adults and kids. It has a high threshold of pain.
(9) THE BEAGLE : —–Originally kept as HUNTING-DOGS. Fits well in homes with active kids, as they are sturdily-built and never too tired to play a game. Smart, friendly, happy —usually gets along with other pets, too. They do shed fairly heavily and require frequent brushing and bathing.
(10) THE BULL DOG : —–It has a sturdy build that is perfect for kids who like to rough-house. A docile, friendly and loyal dog, it gets along well with other pets and dogs, too. It is comfortable living in large house as well as in small apartments.
Go ahead and choose the dog meant for you and your family.