(1) We hurt without moving
(2) Do you know : ORANGE CARROTS apparently did not come about till the 17th century, when, as the story goes, Dutch horticulturists developed the strain to honour William of Orange. Before that carrots, indigenous to Afghanistan, were purple in colour, also red and yellow. The orange carrot apparently (and quite naturally) became a trendy, pretty food and sweeter too.
(4) How does a mouse get out of a room ? It “clicks” an “icon” & “opens” a “window”.
(6) Did you hear about the suicidal homeopath ? He took 1/50th of the recommended dose.
(8) Arrogance leads to ignorance, because it colours our perception.
(10) A relationship needs not just love, but also respect, happiness, freedom, friendship an equality between the partners.
(12) What did the fish say when he ran into a wall ? DAM.
(14) Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life, the evening beam that smiles the clouds away and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray. —– Lord Byron.
(16) If you are well-disposed towards those whose views are similar to yours, you may be said to exhibit “good character”. But, is you behave well with those holding divergent views from you, then you have an “excellent character”. —– Maulan Wahiduddin Khan.
(18) At a dinner party one should “eat wisely”, but not “too well”, and “talk well” but not “too wisely”. ————Somerset Maugham.
(20) Did you know : All four sons of biologist Angus M. Woodbury earned PhDs in biology and both his daughters married biologists ?
(22) Why can’t you tell a joke while standing on ice ? Because it might crack up.
(24) The word UNFRIEND apparently appeared in print way back in 1659, when English was still not affected by the language spoken by today’s internet generation.
(26) What do you call Santa’s mistakes ? SANTA FLAWS.
(28) Swallow your pride occasionally. IT IS NON-FATTENING.
(30) Trust Him when darkest thoughts assail theeTrust Him when thy faith is smallTrust Him when to simply trust HimIs the hardest thing of all.Rosalind Russell.
(2) PM Modi’s fondness for “alliteration” is no secret. He extolled the virtues of the 3 DS. He said India has 3 unique DS ——- Democracy, Demographic dividend and Demand. The 4th D is Discussion on how to expand the pool of skilled workers in the country, how to retain talented teachers, nurses and others, and how to bring back those who have left the country.
(4) Most cultures forbid “cursing”, because words are like PSYCHIC ARROWS, they can cause harm. Our thoughts and actions have a far greater impact on our lives than we know. Keep your thoughts pure, keep your words positive.
(6) I am reading a book on ANTIGRAVITY. It is impossible to put it down.
(8) When at last you are sure, you’ve been properly PILLED, a few paper forms must be properly FILLED, so that you and your heirs may be properly BILLED.
(10) I hate people who use big words just to make themselves look PERSPICACIOUS.
(12) If a turtle doesn’t have a shell ———- is it “homeless’ or “naked” ?
(14) You have “brains” in your “head. You have “feet” in your “shoes”. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own and you know what you know. And you are the guy who’ll decide where you go.
(16) German Saying : When 2 dogs fight for a bone, and a third runs off with it, THERE’S A LAWYER AMONG THE DOGS.
(18) Valour is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul. —— Michel de Montaigne.
(20) What do you get when you cross a “lawyer” with “Godfather” ? ——- AN OFFER YOU CAN’T UNDERSTAND.
(1) Daniel Day-Lewis, an Englishman, who has won 3 Best Actor Oscars, said, ” I come from, not just a household, but a country, where the finesse of language, well-balanced sentence, structure syntax —– these things are driven into us, and my parents, bless them, are great custodians of the English language.”
(2) Did you know, that in space you cannot cry, because there is no gravity to MAKE THE TEARS FLOW.
(4) What do you do when a chair breaks ? Call a CHAIRMAN.
(6) A GOOD writer can TELL A STORY. An EXCELLENT writer can TELL IT WELL. A GREAT writer can LISTEN.
(8) When someone allows you to BEAR HIS BURDENS, you have found DEEP FRIENDSHIP.
(10) It is a sad thing when men have neither the wit to speak well, nor the judgement to hold their tongues.
(12) You will not be punished For your ANGER. You will be punished BY your ANGER.
(14) The lustre of a virtuous character cannot be defaced, nor can the vices of a vicious man ever become lucid. A jewel preserves its lustre, though trodden in the mud, but a brass pot, though placed upon the head —— IS BRASS STILL.(15) I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way, we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value.
(17) Faith is knowing one of two things will happen : There will be something to stand on, or YOU WILL BE TAUGHT TO FLY.
(19) When we love someone too much, they become our sense of home. What was within us is now with them, and so when they withdraw, they take with them the place we belong, the place we seek for comfort, leaving us lost, lonely and wondering.
(21) Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance.
(2) OPERA is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding —- HE SINGS. —– Ed Gardner.
(4) A NICE GUY will be nice to everyone. Why? Because he wants everyone to like him, as he thinks he has many flaws and he is not good enough and does not have any self-esteem and self-worth, so he has to be nice. Nice guys will always suffer all their lives, as they will be pleasing others all the time and will tire themselves completely. A GOOD GUY has his self-worth, does good for everyone, but WILL NOT PLEASE EVERYONE. He is there to do good, and does the right thing. I would say, “Don’t be the nice guy, be the good guy.” —— Hrithik Roshan. ( Better to be a nice good guy —- Rohit Ghai)
(6) HOLI is somewhat akin to the ancient festival of SATURNALIA, where slaves and masters exchanged places for a day. It led to a much-needed catharsis, a blowing off of steam as well as a reminder to all of their essential humanity. ———Swati Chopra.
(8) The quest for “permanence” is the bedrock of man’s suffering and we have to come to terms with the fact that “everything in life is in a state of flux”———Mahesh Bhatt.
(10) Don’t part with your illusions. When they are gone. you may still exist, but, YOU HAVE CEASED TO LIVE. — Mark Twain.
(12) It is said that the Sufi is one who possesses nothing except the name of God and service of humanity. It is this spirit of “complete surrender and simplicity” which endears the Sufi to one and all, especially the “commoner”.
(13) The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be USEFUL, to be honourable, to be COMPASSIONATE, to HAVE IT MAKE SOME DIFFERENCE THAT YOU HAVE LIVED & LIVED WELL. —–Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(14) Our body is full of water, but whenever it hurts, “blood” comes out, and our hearts is full of blood, but whenever it hurts, tears” come out.
(16) If you have a MAGNETIC PERSONALITY, and, yet, people don’t get attracted to you, it’s not your fault ………… THEY HAVE IRON DEFICIENCY IN THEIR BODIES.
(18) Don’t limit a child to your own learning, for HE WAS BORN IN ANOTHER TIME . —– Tagore.
(20) DOING what you like is FREEDOM. LIKING what you do is HAPPINESS. .
(2) A tree that can fill the span of a man’s arms, grows from a downy tip ; a terrace of 9 stories high rises from shovelfuls of earth ; a journey of a 1000 miles starts from beneath one’s feet. —Lao-Tzu.
(4) A family is a place where “principles” are “hammered” and “honed” on the “anvil” of “everyday living”.
(6) The word CLEAVE is the only English word with 2 synonyms which are antonyms of each other —– “adhere” and “separate”.
(8) The family is the “giant shock absorber of society”, to which the “bruised and battered individual” returns after “doing battle with the world”.
(10) Fasting does not mean just “abstinence from food” : We eat “forms” through our “eyes”, “sounds” through our “ears”, “fragrances” through our “noses” and so on. All of this is actually feeding our mind and our mind feeds on these “sense perceptions” and thereafter, constantly runs outward in their direction “becoming totally dissipated”.
(12) When in charge —- ponder. When in doubt —- mumble. When in trouble —– delegate.
(14) The correct temperature at home is maintained by “warm hearts” and “cool heads” ; not by good ventilation, fans and air conditioners.
(16) Sloane Crosley, an essayist, wrote, : I used to think that “nails-down-a-chalkboard” was the worst sound in the world. Then I moved on to “people-eating-cereal-on-the-phone”. But only this week did I stumble across the rightful winner : It’s the sound of a baggage carousel coming to a grinding halt, having reunited every passenger on your flight with their luggage —– except for you.
(18) Economists have found that “worse the economy” ——- “longer the women’s skirts” and “better the economy” ——- “shorter the skirts”.
(20) Strong people don’t put others down. They lift them up and slam them on the ground for “maximum damage”.
(2) REPUTATION is an idle and most false imposition, oft got without merit and lost without deserving. —- Shakespeare.
(4) If an apple keeps the doctor away, what does an onion do ? KEEP EVERYONE AWAY.
(6) Relish the nightly solitude, spend a moment with a man who dwells within, stitch up a lacerated heart, find blessings that refuse to descend on your mind during the day. In the night lies a far more peaceful and holier place. The sunrise is God’s apology, before humans come to wake. I thank the night, when a poor man is blessed with sleep, for a moment forgetting that tomorrow he again shall have nought to eat.
(8) True Love is hidden in a father’s toil and sweatTrue Love is the essence of a mother, her very breathO naïve, youthful Patron !True Love you have not seen, true love you have not heard. — Kashif.
(10) The Bible Bar is a granola bar in the US that sells itself as food the “Gods call good”. What’s so special about this granola bar ? —- It is made from 7 foods listed in the Book of Deuteronomy 8.8 of the Bible. These 7 foods are wheat, barley, figs, raisins, pomegranates, olive oil and honey.