(5) Love is a gift, not a possession —– You give it, you don’t take.
(11) I wish I could drink like a lady2 or 3, at the mostBut 2, I’m under the tableAnd 3, I’m under the host.
Says Veerji Sharma, chakrakriya practitioner, “When your heart chakra is blocked, some aspects of your life like health, mind or emotions won’t function well. You may feel anxious, dull, listless, sad for no reason, or chaotic and caught up in a whirl of unpleasant events.”
Blast from the past…
(1) QUESADILLA—-(Kay- sa- dee- ah ). Straight from Mexico, a QUESADILLA is a flour or corn tortilla filled with all things yummy. Stuffed with cheese, veggies or other ingredients, it is folded and served in a half-moon shape.
(2) HORS d’OEUVRES—-( Or- derv ) This is a fancy name for appetizers. Hors d’oeuvres are small dishes before the main course, typically meant to be eaten by hand.
(3) BRUSCHETTA—-(Broo- sket- tah, not broo- shedda ). All the way from Italy, Bruschetta is grilled bread, rubbed with garlic and sprinkled with olive oil. Toppings can be varied ——–from tomatoes to cured meat.
(4)MASCARPONE-(Mah- scar- poh- nay)——Milky-white in colour, and easy to spread, Mascarpone is an Italian cheese made from cream. it is the ever so popular ingredient in a Tiramisu.
(5) GNOCCHI—(Nyawk- kee)—- These are small dumplings made from flour, potatoes, semolina or a combination of these ingredients, boiled and served…
View original post 181 more words
(6) Did you know that the three-lettered word SET has 58 meanings as a NOUN, 126 meanings as a VERB, 10 meanings as a PARTICIPLE-ADJECTIVE ———- that’s a Grand Total of 194 meanings !!!!! A very small big word, isn’t it ????
(11) People who tell you not to let little things bother you, have never tried sleeping with a mosquito in their room.
Blast from the past…
V.N.Mittal sent this article to the TOI on Thursday the 21st of November, 2013.
Many of our emotions are known to originate in the belly. I remember a phrase that was used during the French Revolution—“Hungry stomachs breed revolution” when the people had no bread and Marie Antoinette, very haughtily said, “If they have no bread, LET THEM EAT CAKES”. We very well know how she ended up on the guillotine.
So, emotions seem to come from the gut. We often hear people say,”He/she has guts”. There are more neurons in the gut than anywhere else, except the brain says Greenblatt, an American psychiatrist. The gut’s brain known as enteric nervous system is located in sheaths of tissue lining the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon. Research has shown that there is a connection between the brain and the gut , and a prolonged dysfunction in the gut can affect your immune…
View original post 275 more words